Skip to content
- Africa Needs Access to Electricity to Develop: Songwe United Nations Economic Commission for Africa’s Executive Secretary, Ms Vera Songwe, has pointed out that Africa, where nearly 600 million or 48% of the population still lack access to electricity, will not fully develop if its people continue to live without electricity.
- GE Units Partner in 100MW Kenyan Wind Power Project GE Energy Financial Services has partnered with GE Renewable Energy to deliver a 100MW wind power project in Kenya. The two GE units have teamed up to provide technology and advisory support for GE’s flagship onshore wind project in Sub-Sahara Africa.
- Kenya Leading Africa in Finding Climate Change Solutions Kenya was recently lauded for leading Africa in trying to find solutions to threats posed by climate change through policy development, devolution and establishment of the Climate Change Council, among other initiatives.
- Clean Energy CSR Project Launched in Tanzania Hanergy Thin-Film Power Group, a pioneering multinational clean energy company, recently launched its “Lighting Africa” corporate social responsibility (CSR) project in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- Voith’s New East Africa Hub to Boost Hydropower On May 11, 2018 technology group Voith opened its new East Africa Hub in the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa which will serve to highlight its active contribution to the development of electricity generation from hydropower in East Africa.