Skip to content
- Nedbank leads in renewable energy finance in South Africa June 23, 2019 A brief search through the headlines across the world leaves no doubt that the threat posed by climate change has morphed from a focus of only climate activists to a global concern points out Mark Boshoff, head of Strategic Initiatives for Nedbank Business Banking. Writing in an opinion piece, Mark also adds that the climate ...
- C40 cities gather in Johannesburg June 16, 2019 C40 Cities (www.C40.org) a global organisation that connects 94 of the world’s leading cities taking bold climate action recently held its annual event in Johannesburg, South Africa and for the first time, gathered city officials and investors to address the most pressing climate challenges of our time.
- UN, EDP bring clean energy to Mozambican district June 6, 2019 The United Nations human settlements programme, UN-Habitat, and Portuguese energy company EDP, are constructing a solar energy system to supply clean, renewable energy to 12 classrooms in Namacurra district, in the Zambezia province of Mozambique, some 1,500 km from the capital Maputo.
- Qantas operates world’s first zero waste flight May 20, 2019 Qantas airlines has for the first time in the world operated a zero waste to landfill flight in a trial run between Sydney and Adelaide.
- Solar Energy to Power Humanitarian Hub in South Sudan May 6, 2019 Scatec Solar a Norwegian company is set to help the International Organization for Migration (IOM) harness solar energy to power a substantial part of its on-going joint humanitarian operations in Malakal, South Sudan, in the first quarter of 2020.