Skip to content
- Hotel Verde Cape Town, Exceeds 95% Waste Management Target September 21, 2018 Africa’s greenest hotel, Hotel Verde, situated just a stone throw away from Cape Town International Airport has managed to achieve a milestone in its waste management. The hotel recently announced it had exceeded their waste-to-land fill targets of 85% set in 2013 to 97.06% in 2018.
- University Brings Renewables Knowledge to High Schools August 27, 2018 Students from two high schools in the Western Cape Province of South Africa had the opportunity to learn more about renewable power resources and climate change. The students from Hopefield High and Weston High Schools were the latest to welcome the custom-built “EnergyDrive” truck, the main feature of a project that was launched in November …
- Cape Town’s Waterfront Mall to get Desalination Plant August 24, 2018 The V & A Waterfront mall in Cape Town, South Africa is set to get a water desalination plant later this year.
- Symposium to Support Environmental Law Planned July 25, 2018 Mozambique is set to host the 2nd Regional Symposium on Greening the Judiciaries in Africa from 1 to 3 August 2018. African chief justices and presidents of supreme and regional courts will meet to discuss how to strengthen adjudication of environmental disputes in Africa.
- Apple Now Globally Powered by 100 Percent Renewable Energy April 12, 2018 The technology giant Apple Inc. recently announced that its global facilities are now all powered with 100 percent renewable energy.