Skip to content
- University Brings Renewables Knowledge to High Schools August 27, 2018 Students from two high schools in the Western Cape Province of South Africa had the opportunity to learn more about renewable power resources and climate change. The students from Hopefield High and Weston High Schools were the latest to welcome the custom-built “EnergyDrive” truck, the main feature of a project that was launched in November …
- Cape Town’s Waterfront Mall to get Desalination Plant August 24, 2018 The V & A Waterfront mall in Cape Town, South Africa is set to get a water desalination plant later this year.
- Symposium to Support Environmental Law Planned July 25, 2018 Mozambique is set to host the 2nd Regional Symposium on Greening the Judiciaries in Africa from 1 to 3 August 2018. African chief justices and presidents of supreme and regional courts will meet to discuss how to strengthen adjudication of environmental disputes in Africa.
- Apple Now Globally Powered by 100 Percent Renewable Energy April 12, 2018 The technology giant Apple Inc. recently announced that its global facilities are now all powered with 100 percent renewable energy.
- Doubling Renewable Energy by 2030 Positive for EU Economy March 1, 2018 The European Union (EU) can increase the share of renewable energy in its energy mix to 34 per cent by 2030 – double the share in 2016 – with a net positive economic impact, finds a report by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), launched in Brussels, Belgium.