Skip to content
- Solar Energy to Power Humanitarian Hub in South Sudan May 6, 2019 Scatec Solar a Norwegian company is set to help the International Organization for Migration (IOM) harness solar energy to power a substantial part of its on-going joint humanitarian operations in Malakal, South Sudan, in the first quarter of 2020.
- Upcycling brand opens shop in Cape Town April 15, 2019 Sealand, a globally recognised brand of environmentally friendly high-end bags, accessories and apparel, recently opened its first store in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Innovative solar technology wins at Edison Awards April 9, 2019
USA – Arrow Electronics and We Care Solar, a not for profit organisation, won the 2019 Edison Award for Social Innovation for their Solar Suitcase 3.0, a portable and durable power system that provides sustainable energy for around-the-clock, effective obstetric care in remote and off-grid maternal health facilities around the world.
The Solar Suitcase, developed by ...
- Hanergy exhibits at Solar Show Africa 2019 April 4, 2019 Hanergy Thin Film Power Group, the world’s largest thin-film solar power solution company, showcased its path-breaking solar-power products, at the 22nd edition of The Solar Show Africa 2019.
- ENGIE unveils its first mini-grid in Zambia April 3, 2019 ENGIE, a global low-carbon energy and services player has unveiled its first PowerCorner smart mini-grid in Zambia. The mini-grid located in Chitandika village in eastern Zambia will provide electricity to 378 households which until now had no access to electricity.