Skip to content
- Hotel’s Innovations a Big Help in Drought Hit Cape Town September 28, 2017 Africa’s greenest hotel, Hotel Verde has focused on sustainable tourism since opening in 2013 and its innovations in rain-water harvesting and grey-water treatment are proving to be a big help in drought stricken Cape Town.
- Solar Power Incubator Program for Africa Launched September 14, 2017 Dubai based Phanes Group, an integrated end-to-end solar provider, has launched its first solar power incubator program, aimed at identifying solar PV projects with potential in sub-Saharan Africa by providing access to funding, and commercial and technical knowledge.
- Company in Dramatic Savings with Rainwater Harvesting Pilot Programme September 13, 2017 As concerns about water scarcity continue to grow a South African company, Emira Property Fund, is raising the bar on water efficiency at one of their properties with a rainwater harvesting pilot programme that is generating exceptional results.
- Efficient PPAs Could Spur Solar-Diesel Hybrid Micro-grids says THEnergy September 11, 2017 THEnergy, a Germany micro-grid consultancy company has made a finding that efficient power purchase agreements (PPAs) are the key success factor in the current booming market of reducing diesel consumption by incorporating renewables in diesel micro-grids.
- A Taiwan-born Scientist Thinks Mushrooms Could Save the World September 3, 2017 Mushrooms have been described as “meat for vegetarians,” a fungus high in protein that can be fried, baked or eaten raw.