- Hotel’s Innovations a Big Help in Drought Hit Cape Town 28/09/2017
Africa’s greenest hotel, Hotel Verde has focused on sustainable tourism since opening in 2013 and its innovations in rain-water harvesting and grey-water treatment are proving to be a big help in drought stricken Cape Town.
- Solar Power Incubator Program for Africa Launched 14/09/2017
Dubai based Phanes Group, an integrated end-to-end solar provider, has launched its first solar power incubator program, aimed at identifying solar PV projects with potential in sub-Saharan Africa by providing access to funding, and commercial and technical knowledge.
- Company in Dramatic Savings with Rainwater Harvesting Pilot Programme 13/09/2017
As concerns about water scarcity continue to grow a South African company, Emira Property Fund, is raising the bar on water efficiency at one of their properties with a rainwater harvesting pilot programme that is generating exceptional results.
- Efficient PPAs Could Spur Solar-Diesel Hybrid Micro-grids says THEnergy 11/09/2017
THEnergy, a Germany micro-grid consultancy company has made a finding that efficient power purchase agreements (PPAs) are the key success factor in the current booming market of reducing diesel consumption by incorporating renewables in diesel micro-grids.
- A Taiwan-born Scientist Thinks Mushrooms Could Save the World 03/09/2017
Mushrooms have been described as “meat for vegetarians,” a fungus high in protein that can be fried, baked or eaten raw.