Skip to content
- Man Turns Smog to Diamonds and Makes Algae Street-Lights July 8, 2017 Daan Roosegaarde, a Dutch artist and innovator has made a device that turns smog to diamonds. The device, part of his Smog-Free Project, is a tower that sucks up polluted air, cleans it and releases it back into parks and playgrounds. The captured smog is converted to diamonds.
- Tesla Announces Its ‘Solar Roof’ Product June 8, 2017 Tesla, the American car maker, energy storage company, and solar panel manufacturer announced the opening of orders for its solar roof tiles early in May.
- GreenCape Reinvents Business Matchmaking in the Green Space June 8, 2017 With support from the government of the United Kingdom, GreenCape and the World Bank’s Climate Technology Program (CTP) have launched a cross-border business matchmaking facility that links global companies to local green businesses in South Africa.
- China Unveils World’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant May 29, 2017 China has announced that the largest floating photovoltaic (PV) facility on earth has finally been completed and connected to the local power grid.
- Greenovate Awards Program Gets Bigger May 18, 2017 South Africa’s hotly contested Greenovate Awards Programme is taking environmental innovation even further this year by introducing a new category to the awards for engineering students.