- The African Energy Chamber releases its “African Energy Outlook 2021” report 19/11/2020
The African Energy Chamber recently issued its African Energy Outlook for 2021 and made a rallying call to all industry stakeholders to work together on a reform agenda to keep African natural resources competitive and create jobs.
- African Energy Chamber pushes BEAC to postpone Forex regulations 11/11/2020
The African Energy Chamber, which represents nearly every segment of the energy sector in Africa, is pleased to announce the extension on the implementation of the BEAC (Banque des États de l’Afrique Centrale) Forex Regulation from January 1st to December 1st, 2021. This is based on the decision on November 5th, 2020 made by ...
- Nedbank leads in renewable energy finance in South Africa 23/06/2019
A brief search through the headlines across the world leaves no doubt that the threat posed by climate change has morphed from a focus of only climate activists to a global concern points out Mark Boshoff, head of Strategic Initiatives for Nedbank Business Banking. Writing in an opinion piece, Mark also adds that the climate ...
- Kenya launches private sector financing for solar solutions 16/06/2019
The Kenyan government recently launched a USD 47 million financial facility under the Kenya-Off-Grid Solar Access Project (KOSAP) aimed at spurring the private sector to provide viable solar and clean cooking solutions to about 1.1 million people in the 14 marginalized counties of West Pokot, Turkana, Marsabit, Samburu, Isiolo, Mandera, Wajir, Garrisa, Tana River, Lamu, ...
- Globeleq reaches financial close on South African renewable plants 11/06/2019
Globeleq, a leading developer, owner and operator of electricity generation in Africa, has finalised the acquisition in South Africa of four renewable generation plants and the asset management company from an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management.