- Nedbank leads in renewable energy finance in South Africa 23/06/2019
A brief search through the headlines across the world leaves no doubt that the threat posed by climate change has morphed from a focus of only climate activists to a global concern points out Mark Boshoff, head of Strategic Initiatives for Nedbank Business Banking. Writing in an opinion piece, Mark also adds that the climate ...
- Kenya launches private sector financing for solar solutions 16/06/2019
The Kenyan government recently launched a USD 47 million financial facility under the Kenya-Off-Grid Solar Access Project (KOSAP) aimed at spurring the private sector to provide viable solar and clean cooking solutions to about 1.1 million people in the 14 marginalized counties of West Pokot, Turkana, Marsabit, Samburu, Isiolo, Mandera, Wajir, Garrisa, Tana River, Lamu, ...
- Globeleq reaches financial close on South African renewable plants 11/06/2019
Globeleq, a leading developer, owner and operator of electricity generation in Africa, has finalised the acquisition in South Africa of four renewable generation plants and the asset management company from an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management.
- Japan, Austria to support private sector climate change investments in Africa 06/06/2019
The governments of Japan and Austria have approved a $1 million fund to strengthen the participation of the private sector in combating climate change in Africa.
- World Bank in off-grid solar funding for West Africa and Sahel region 24/04/2019
The Board of the World Bank Group recently approved a total of US$224.7 million to help fund the expansion of off-grid access to electricity for populations in 19 countries in West Africa and the Sahel region.