Skip to content
- Solar PV Fastest Growing Energy Source Globally in 2016 October 18, 2017 New solar PV capacity grew by 50% last year, with China accounting for almost half of the global expansion, according to the International Energy Agency’s latest renewables market analysis and forecast.
- Property Fund Boosts Energy Savings with Solar Farm at Mall October 2, 2017 Emira Property Fund in South Africa has installed a R16 million solar farm on the roof of its Randridge Mall in Randpark Ridge, Johannesburg. This innovative project continues Emira’s drive to add more renewable energy solutions to its quality portfolio of properties across South Africa as part of its sustainability strategy.
- AfDB Approves US55m Loan for Three Solar PV Projects in Egypt September 30, 2017 The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank (AfDB) Group recently approved three senior loans for a total amount of USD55 million to finance three solar PV Projects under the second round of the Feed-in-Tariff (FiT) Program in Egypt.
- New South African Property Portfolio Combines Quality, Aesthetics and Sustainability September 28, 2017 Growthpoint, a leading international property company, and the largest South African primary listed Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT) on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE), recently launched its Thrive Portfolio which South Africa’s first dual-certified property portfolio.
- Solar Power Incubator Program for Africa Launched September 14, 2017 Dubai based Phanes Group, an integrated end-to-end solar provider, has launched its first solar power incubator program, aimed at identifying solar PV projects with potential in sub-Saharan Africa by providing access to funding, and commercial and technical knowledge.