Skip to content
- UK Government’s Sale of Green Investment Bank Completed August 22, 2017 UK – British Climate Change and Industry Minister, Claire Perry, recently confirmed that the sale of the Green Investment Bank (GIB) to Macquarie Group Limited has now been completed.
The £2.3 billion deal ensures that all the taxpayer funding invested in GIB since its creation, including set-up costs, has been returned with a gain of approximately ...
- Dangote Group in 100MW Solar Power Plant MoU with Kano Government August 13, 2017 The Dangote Group together with its strategic partner Black Rhino Group recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kano State Government for the proposed 100MW Dangote-Black Rhino Solar Power Plant.
- Jordan Shifting Towards a Green Economy August 13, 2017 In a wide-ranging interview with Inter Press Service (IPS), the Director-General of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) Dr Frank Rijsberman reiterated that Jordan is currently showing a solid commitment towards shifting to a green economy, and has achieved important milestones in implementing renewable energy solutions.
- Tesla Unveils Affordable Model 3 Electric Car July 29, 2017 Electric car maker Tesla has unveiled its most affordable electric-car to date – the Model 3 sedan.
- Paris Agreement and Africa: Unlocking Opportunities to Scale out Clean Energy July 21, 2017 68% of countries in Africa have ratified the Paris Agreement and deposited their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) with the UNFCCC. Up to 60% of these NDCs are land based, focusing on Ecosystem based Adaptation-Driven Agriculture and on Clean Energy, focusing on harnessing the continents clean energy potential.