Skip to content
- Small Hydro Booming in Brazil as Country Nears Energy Surplus September 6, 2017 A report from Brazil’s Ministry of Mines and Energy shows the South American country is tracking toward an energy surplus for the first time in nearly eight decades as the nation’s small hydro sector also continues to boom.
- GreenWish Earmarks $800m for Solar-Powered Cellphone Towers across Africa August 24, 2017 GreenWish Partners, a renewable energy company run by a former Morgan Stanley executive, is planning to invest $800m on solar-powered telephone towers across Africa.
- UK Government’s Sale of Green Investment Bank Completed August 22, 2017 UK – British Climate Change and Industry Minister, Claire Perry, recently confirmed that the sale of the Green Investment Bank (GIB) to Macquarie Group Limited has now been completed.
The £2.3 billion deal ensures that all the taxpayer funding invested in GIB since its creation, including set-up costs, has been returned with a gain of approximately ...
- Dangote Group in 100MW Solar Power Plant MoU with Kano Government August 13, 2017 The Dangote Group together with its strategic partner Black Rhino Group recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kano State Government for the proposed 100MW Dangote-Black Rhino Solar Power Plant.
- Jordan Shifting Towards a Green Economy August 13, 2017 In a wide-ranging interview with Inter Press Service (IPS), the Director-General of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) Dr Frank Rijsberman reiterated that Jordan is currently showing a solid commitment towards shifting to a green economy, and has achieved important milestones in implementing renewable energy solutions.