Skip to content
- GE Renewable Energy to provide turbines for French offshore wind farm April 18, 2019 GE Renewable Energy announced on 16 April 2019 that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Eolien Maritime France (EMF) confirming its commitment to provide and service Haliade 150-6MW turbines to the first French EMF offshore wind farm yet to be cleared of any legal recourse.
- German-African Energy Forum Boosts Africa’s Energy Sector April 2, 2019 The African Energy Chamber has hailed the German Government and the African-German Business Association (Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft) on the success of the 13th German-African Energy Forum that took place in Hamburg on March 27 and 28, under the theme “Realizing & Financing Africa’s Energy Revolution”.
- UK aid to give clean energy boost to Kenya March 20, 2019 The UK Government, through InfraCo Africa, a Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) company, is investing Ksh. 220 million (US$2.2m) in the development of two solar plants in rural Kenya.
- Local Wind Turbine Manufacture Resumes in South Africa March 12, 2019 GRI Renewable Industries, a Spanish wind turbine tower maker has resumed operations at its GRI Towers South Africa factory on the west coast of South Africa.
- MIGA Provides Financial Guarantee for Cameroon Hydropower Plant February 13, 2019 Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) a member of the World Bank Group has provided EUR 164.5 million in guarantees for the construction of the Nachtigal Hydropower Project in Cameroon.