Skip to content
- US$14 billion Needed Annually for Sub-Saharan Africa Power Sector April 3, 2018 The cost of addressing the needs of Sub-Saharan Africa’s power sector has been estimated at US$14 billion a year, which is equivalent to 6% of Africa’s gross domestic product. This was said by South Africa’s Energy Department Minister Jeff Radebe while delivering his welcome speech on the opening day of the two day Power & ...
- First Green Bond by Property Company on JSE March 15, 2018 Growthpoint Properties is the first South African company to issue a Green Bond on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The Growthpoint Green Bonds, for terms of five, seven and ten years, were issued and listed on the JSE on 9 March 2018.
- Standard & Poors Downgrade Eskom Again March 2, 2018 Standard and Poors Global Ratings (S&P) this week downgraded South Africa’s state owned power utility Eskom’s long-term foreign and local currency corporate credit rating to ‘CCC+’.
- Doubling Renewable Energy by 2030 Positive for EU Economy March 1, 2018 The European Union (EU) can increase the share of renewable energy in its energy mix to 34 per cent by 2030 – double the share in 2016 – with a net positive economic impact, finds a report by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), launched in Brussels, Belgium.
- Rwanda Leases E-waste Plant to Private Investor February 19, 2018 The Government of Rwanda has signed a ten-year lease agreement with a United Arab Emirates based investor ‘EnviroServe’ to manage and operate an e-waste recycling plant.