Skip to content
- President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi Discusses Egypt’s Energy Future October 11, 2018 Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi recently met with Mr Adnan Z. Amin, Director-General of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and discussed Egypt’s remarkable progress in the pursuit of large-scale renewable energy deployment and identified areas in which bilateral cooperation can be strengthened.
- 110MW PERDEKRAAL EAST WIND FARM CONSTRUCTION BEGINS September 19, 2018 Perdekraal East Wind Farm is preparing the way to begin major construction activities on the largest BW4 wind farm in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
- Canadian Solar, ET Energy to Build 132 MW Solar Power Projects in South Africa September 13, 2018 Canadian Solar Inc. one of the world’s largest solar power companies recently announced the established of a joint venture with ET Energy, a global clean energy developer and operator. The joint venture will see the two companies provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) services for two solar power projects totalling 132 MW in South Africa ...
- Africa Financial Alliance for Climate Change Proposed June 3, 2018 Scientific evidence shows that African economies are already reeling from the devastating effects of climate change, further exacerbating their development challenges. Also, seven out of the ten countries most threatened by climate change are in Africa.
- Algeria to Resuscitate Large-Scale Solar Plans May 10, 2018 The Algerian government is looking at resuscitating its large-scale solar plans by restarting the 4 GW solar tender which was first announced in March 2017. This was recently revealed by Mouloud Bakli who is the president of Algerian solar energy association, Club Energia, and managing director of Tell Group.