Skip to content
- ChiNT Electric Rescues Zimbabwe Solar Project April 23, 2018 Leading Chinese industrial electrical equipment manufacturer and clean energy supplier Chint Electric has committed US$52 million as guarantee for a 100 MW solar project ear marked for Zimbabwe’s Matebeleland South province to the south west of the country.
- US$14 billion Needed Annually for Sub-Saharan Africa Power Sector April 3, 2018 The cost of addressing the needs of Sub-Saharan Africa’s power sector has been estimated at US$14 billion a year, which is equivalent to 6% of Africa’s gross domestic product. This was said by South Africa’s Energy Department Minister Jeff Radebe while delivering his welcome speech on the opening day of the two day Power & ...
- First Green Bond by Property Company on JSE March 15, 2018 Growthpoint Properties is the first South African company to issue a Green Bond on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The Growthpoint Green Bonds, for terms of five, seven and ten years, were issued and listed on the JSE on 9 March 2018.
- Standard & Poors Downgrade Eskom Again March 2, 2018 Standard and Poors Global Ratings (S&P) this week downgraded South Africa’s state owned power utility Eskom’s long-term foreign and local currency corporate credit rating to ‘CCC+’.
- Doubling Renewable Energy by 2030 Positive for EU Economy March 1, 2018 The European Union (EU) can increase the share of renewable energy in its energy mix to 34 per cent by 2030 – double the share in 2016 – with a net positive economic impact, finds a report by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), launched in Brussels, Belgium.