Skip to content
- Zimbabwe Lithium Production Gets Huge Boost February 13, 2018 Lithium production in Zimbabwe recently got a huge boost with the government sealing a deal with an as yet unnamed listed company for a project estimated to generate revenue of $1.4bn over a period of about eight years.
- French Development Agency Issues Tender for Benin’s First Solar Park February 5, 2018 The French Development Agency (AFD) has issued an expression of interest for the construction of a 25 MW solar power project in Benin.
- USD25 Million for Solar PV Projects in Mauritius and Rwanda January 21, 2018 Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD), the leading national entity for development aid, and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the global platform for international cooperation on renewable energy, have announced that US$25 million in concessional loans from ADFD have been earmarked for two solar PV projects, one each in Mauritius and Rwanda.
- AfDB and Partners in US$55 million Off-Grid Energy Investment January 21, 2018 A group of investors that includes the African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved a total of US$55 million investment in the Facility for Energy Inclusion Off-Grid Energy Access Fund (FEI OGEF).
- 5-Point Plan for Solar Industrialisation Proposed at Energy Indaba January 18, 2018 The South African Photovoltaic Industry Association (SAPVIA) recently announced a bold 5- Point Plan for the solar PV industry to drive industrialisation, create jobs, and contribute to economic growth in South Africa.