Skip to content
- Africa Financial Alliance for Climate Change Proposed June 3, 2018 Scientific evidence shows that African economies are already reeling from the devastating effects of climate change, further exacerbating their development challenges. Also, seven out of the ten countries most threatened by climate change are in Africa.
- Algeria to Resuscitate Large-Scale Solar Plans May 10, 2018 The Algerian government is looking at resuscitating its large-scale solar plans by restarting the 4 GW solar tender which was first announced in March 2017. This was recently revealed by Mouloud Bakli who is the president of Algerian solar energy association, Club Energia, and managing director of Tell Group.
- ChiNT Electric Rescues Zimbabwe Solar Project April 23, 2018 Leading Chinese industrial electrical equipment manufacturer and clean energy supplier Chint Electric has committed US$52 million as guarantee for a 100 MW solar project ear marked for Zimbabwe’s Matebeleland South province to the south west of the country.
- US$14 billion Needed Annually for Sub-Saharan Africa Power Sector April 3, 2018 The cost of addressing the needs of Sub-Saharan Africa’s power sector has been estimated at US$14 billion a year, which is equivalent to 6% of Africa’s gross domestic product. This was said by South Africa’s Energy Department Minister Jeff Radebe while delivering his welcome speech on the opening day of the two day Power & ...
- First Green Bond by Property Company on JSE March 15, 2018 Growthpoint Properties is the first South African company to issue a Green Bond on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE). The Growthpoint Green Bonds, for terms of five, seven and ten years, were issued and listed on the JSE on 9 March 2018.