Skip to content
- Doubling Renewable Energy by 2030 Positive for EU Economy March 1, 2018 The European Union (EU) can increase the share of renewable energy in its energy mix to 34 per cent by 2030 – double the share in 2016 – with a net positive economic impact, finds a report by the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), launched in Brussels, Belgium.
- Rwanda Leases E-waste Plant to Private Investor February 19, 2018 The Government of Rwanda has signed a ten-year lease agreement with a United Arab Emirates based investor ‘EnviroServe’ to manage and operate an e-waste recycling plant.
- Zimbabwe Lithium Production Gets Huge Boost February 13, 2018 Lithium production in Zimbabwe recently got a huge boost with the government sealing a deal with an as yet unnamed listed company for a project estimated to generate revenue of $1.4bn over a period of about eight years.
- French Development Agency Issues Tender for Benin’s First Solar Park February 5, 2018 The French Development Agency (AFD) has issued an expression of interest for the construction of a 25 MW solar power project in Benin.
- USD25 Million for Solar PV Projects in Mauritius and Rwanda January 21, 2018 Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD), the leading national entity for development aid, and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the global platform for international cooperation on renewable energy, have announced that US$25 million in concessional loans from ADFD have been earmarked for two solar PV projects, one each in Mauritius and Rwanda.