Skip to content
- USD25 Million for Solar PV Projects in Mauritius and Rwanda January 21, 2018 Abu Dhabi Fund for Development (ADFD), the leading national entity for development aid, and the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA), the global platform for international cooperation on renewable energy, have announced that US$25 million in concessional loans from ADFD have been earmarked for two solar PV projects, one each in Mauritius and Rwanda.
- AfDB and Partners in US$55 million Off-Grid Energy Investment January 21, 2018 A group of investors that includes the African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved a total of US$55 million investment in the Facility for Energy Inclusion Off-Grid Energy Access Fund (FEI OGEF).
- 5-Point Plan for Solar Industrialisation Proposed at Energy Indaba January 18, 2018 The South African Photovoltaic Industry Association (SAPVIA) recently announced a bold 5- Point Plan for the solar PV industry to drive industrialisation, create jobs, and contribute to economic growth in South Africa.
- China to Dominate Global Clean Energy Industry, says Report January 11, 2018 2017 saw China increasingly becoming the world’s dominant player in the building and financing of clean energy technology globally, a report published by the Institute for Energy Economics and Financial Analysis (IEEFA) says.
- African Development Bank Leads the Way in Renewable Energy December 12, 2017 The African Development Bank (AfDB) has approved US$324 million in loan support to two renewable energy projects in Morocco and Côte d’Ivoire that are expected to significantly increase power supplies and keep economic growth on track.