Skip to content
- Morocco Energy Week Event to Discuss Renewable Energy October 27, 2018 The annual EnergyWeek Morocco event will for the third time feature the annual Africa Renewable Energy Forum. EnergyWeek Morocco is a platform for decision makers in the energy sector to discuss the progress of regional power projects in North and West Africa and will be held in Marrakesh, Morocco from 14 to 15 November 2018.
- Ecoprogetti Installs PV Module Plant in Morocco October 12, 2018 Italian PV manufacturing equipment maker Ecoprogetti has supplied a fully automated PV module production line to Almaden Morocco. The PV module production line is Africa’s largest and most modern and has the capacity to produce both glass-glass and bifacial modules of up to 250MW.
- President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi Discusses Egypt’s Energy Future October 11, 2018 Egyptian President Abdel Fattah el-Sisi recently met with Mr Adnan Z. Amin, Director-General of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) and discussed Egypt’s remarkable progress in the pursuit of large-scale renewable energy deployment and identified areas in which bilateral cooperation can be strengthened.
- Algeria to Resuscitate Large-Scale Solar Plans May 10, 2018 The Algerian government is looking at resuscitating its large-scale solar plans by restarting the 4 GW solar tender which was first announced in March 2017. This was recently revealed by Mouloud Bakli who is the president of Algerian solar energy association, Club Energia, and managing director of Tell Group.
- Morocco to Build Two Hydropower Plants February 15, 2018 Voltalia, an international player in the renewable energy sector announced on 15 February 2018 that it has obtained permits for two hydropower plants of 9.8 MW and 7.2 MW in Morocco.