Skip to content
- Globeleq reaches financial close on South African renewable plants June 11, 2019 Globeleq, a leading developer, owner and operator of electricity generation in Africa, has finalised the acquisition in South Africa of four renewable generation plants and the asset management company from an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management.
- UN, EDP bring clean energy to Mozambican district June 6, 2019 The United Nations human settlements programme, UN-Habitat, and Portuguese energy company EDP, are constructing a solar energy system to supply clean, renewable energy to 12 classrooms in Namacurra district, in the Zambezia province of Mozambique, some 1,500 km from the capital Maputo.
- Qantas operates world’s first zero waste flight May 20, 2019 Qantas airlines has for the first time in the world operated a zero waste to landfill flight in a trial run between Sydney and Adelaide.
- World Bank in off-grid solar funding for West Africa and Sahel region April 24, 2019 The Board of the World Bank Group recently approved a total of US$224.7 million to help fund the expansion of off-grid access to electricity for populations in 19 countries in West Africa and the Sahel region.
- GE Renewable Energy to provide turbines for French offshore wind farm April 18, 2019 GE Renewable Energy announced on 16 April 2019 that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Eolien Maritime France (EMF) confirming its commitment to provide and service Haliade 150-6MW turbines to the first French EMF offshore wind farm yet to be cleared of any legal recourse.