- Globeleq reaches financial close on South African renewable plants 11/06/2019
Globeleq, a leading developer, owner and operator of electricity generation in Africa, has finalised the acquisition in South Africa of four renewable generation plants and the asset management company from an affiliate of Brookfield Asset Management.
- UN, EDP bring clean energy to Mozambican district 06/06/2019
The United Nations human settlements programme, UN-Habitat, and Portuguese energy company EDP, are constructing a solar energy system to supply clean, renewable energy to 12 classrooms in Namacurra district, in the Zambezia province of Mozambique, some 1,500 km from the capital Maputo.
- Qantas operates world’s first zero waste flight 20/05/2019
Qantas airlines has for the first time in the world operated a zero waste to landfill flight in a trial run between Sydney and Adelaide.
- World Bank in off-grid solar funding for West Africa and Sahel region 24/04/2019
The Board of the World Bank Group recently approved a total of US$224.7 million to help fund the expansion of off-grid access to electricity for populations in 19 countries in West Africa and the Sahel region.
- GE Renewable Energy to provide turbines for French offshore wind farm 18/04/2019
GE Renewable Energy announced on 16 April 2019 that it has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Eolien Maritime France (EMF) confirming its commitment to provide and service Haliade 150-6MW turbines to the first French EMF offshore wind farm yet to be cleared of any legal recourse.