Skip to content
- Man Turns Smog to Diamonds and Makes Algae Street-Lights July 8, 2017 Daan Roosegaarde, a Dutch artist and innovator has made a device that turns smog to diamonds. The device, part of his Smog-Free Project, is a tower that sucks up polluted air, cleans it and releases it back into parks and playgrounds. The captured smog is converted to diamonds.
- Gabon Gets Funds to Reduce Emissions by 50% July 3, 2017 The Government of Gabon and the Central African Forest Initiative (CAFI) signed a Letter of Intent for 18 million US dollars to protect the country’s forests and accelerate the fight against climate change.
- Tesla Announces Its ‘Solar Roof’ Product June 8, 2017 Tesla, the American car maker, energy storage company, and solar panel manufacturer announced the opening of orders for its solar roof tiles early in May.
- Renewable Energy Employs 9.8M People Worldwide in 2016 June 3, 2017 A new International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) report has revealed that the global energy system is creating more jobs in renewables than in fossil-fuel technologies with more than 9.8 million people having been employed in the renewable energy sector in 2016.
- China Unveils World’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant May 29, 2017 China has announced that the largest floating photovoltaic (PV) facility on earth has finally been completed and connected to the local power grid.