- Man Turns Smog to Diamonds and Makes Algae Street-Lights 08/07/2017
Daan Roosegaarde, a Dutch artist and innovator has made a device that turns smog to diamonds. The device, part of his Smog-Free Project, is a tower that sucks up polluted air, cleans it and releases it back into parks and playgrounds. The captured smog is converted to diamonds.
- Gabon Gets Funds to Reduce Emissions by 50% 03/07/2017
The Government of Gabon and the Central African Forest Initiative (CAFI) signed a Letter of Intent for 18 million US dollars to protect the country’s forests and accelerate the fight against climate change.
- Tesla Announces Its ‘Solar Roof’ Product 08/06/2017
Tesla, the American car maker, energy storage company, and solar panel manufacturer announced the opening of orders for its solar roof tiles early in May.
- Renewable Energy Employs 9.8M People Worldwide in 2016 03/06/2017
A new International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA) report has revealed that the global energy system is creating more jobs in renewables than in fossil-fuel technologies with more than 9.8 million people having been employed in the renewable energy sector in 2016.
- China Unveils World’s Largest Floating Solar Power Plant 29/05/2017
China has announced that the largest floating photovoltaic (PV) facility on earth has finally been completed and connected to the local power grid.