Skip to content
- Innovative solar technology wins at Edison Awards April 9, 2019
USA – Arrow Electronics and We Care Solar, a not for profit organisation, won the 2019 Edison Award for Social Innovation for their Solar Suitcase 3.0, a portable and durable power system that provides sustainable energy for around-the-clock, effective obstetric care in remote and off-grid maternal health facilities around the world.
The Solar Suitcase, developed by ...
- German-African Energy Forum Boosts Africa’s Energy Sector April 2, 2019 The African Energy Chamber has hailed the German Government and the African-German Business Association (Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft) on the success of the 13th German-African Energy Forum that took place in Hamburg on March 27 and 28, under the theme “Realizing & Financing Africa’s Energy Revolution”.
- UK aid to give clean energy boost to Kenya March 20, 2019 The UK Government, through InfraCo Africa, a Private Infrastructure Development Group (PIDG) company, is investing Ksh. 220 million (US$2.2m) in the development of two solar plants in rural Kenya.
- Qantas Group in Bid to Cut Waste to Landfill March 6, 2019 In the most ambitious waste reduction goal by any major airline globally, The Qantas Group of airlines recently made an announcement of plans to cut its amount of waste to landfill by 75 percent by end of 2021.
- Togo and Guyana get funding for solar projects January 29, 2019 The Abu Dhabi Development Fund (ADFD), which offers low interest loans, will meet up to half the costs of selected solar projects in Togo and Guyana with loans totalling $23 million. The two countries secured the loans at the ninth assembly of the International Renewable Energy Agency (IRENA).