Skip to content
- Solar PV Fastest Growing Energy Source Globally in 2016 October 18, 2017 New solar PV capacity grew by 50% last year, with China accounting for almost half of the global expansion, according to the International Energy Agency’s latest renewables market analysis and forecast.
- Solar Supports Village Livelihoods and Spurs Business in Fiji October 17, 2017 The installation of a standalone hybrid solar photovoltaic (PV) refrigeration system has drastically changed the economic prospects of Wainika, a remote village north of Vanua Lavu, Fiji’s second largest island.
- Global Micro Grid Market to Peak at US$17.51 Billion by 2025 September 11, 2017 The global micro-grid market is likely to grow at a CAGR of 17.0% and peak at US$17.51 billion by 2015, says a report by Grand View Research Inc, a U.S. based market research and consulting company.
- Efficient PPAs Could Spur Solar-Diesel Hybrid Micro-grids says THEnergy September 11, 2017 THEnergy, a Germany micro-grid consultancy company has made a finding that efficient power purchase agreements (PPAs) are the key success factor in the current booming market of reducing diesel consumption by incorporating renewables in diesel micro-grids.
- Small Hydro Booming in Brazil as Country Nears Energy Surplus September 6, 2017 A report from Brazil’s Ministry of Mines and Energy shows the South American country is tracking toward an energy surplus for the first time in nearly eight decades as the nation’s small hydro sector also continues to boom.