Skip to content
- Jordan Shifting Towards a Green Economy August 13, 2017 In a wide-ranging interview with Inter Press Service (IPS), the Director-General of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) Dr Frank Rijsberman reiterated that Jordan is currently showing a solid commitment towards shifting to a green economy, and has achieved important milestones in implementing renewable energy solutions.
- Chinese Kubuqi Model for Desertification Control Gets International Recognition August 1, 2017 The sixth Kubuqi International Desert Forum (KIDF), held from July 29 to July 30 in the Kubuqi Desert in Ordos, Inner Mongolia had participants from other countries witnessing the successful practices of Kubuqi’s desertification control and forum offered them better understanding of the Kubuqi Model.
- Tesla Unveils Affordable Model 3 Electric Car July 29, 2017 Electric car maker Tesla has unveiled its most affordable electric-car to date – the Model 3 sedan.
- Paris Agreement and Africa: Unlocking Opportunities to Scale out Clean Energy July 21, 2017 68% of countries in Africa have ratified the Paris Agreement and deposited their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) with the UNFCCC. Up to 60% of these NDCs are land based, focusing on Ecosystem based Adaptation-Driven Agriculture and on Clean Energy, focusing on harnessing the continents clean energy potential.
- US Offshore Wind Power Generation to Grow Exponentially July 19, 2017 Westwood Global Energy Group (WGEG) has released a report forecasting an exponential growth in offshore wind power generation in the United States over the next decade.