Skip to content
- GreenWish Earmarks $800m for Solar-Powered Cellphone Towers across Africa August 24, 2017 GreenWish Partners, a renewable energy company run by a former Morgan Stanley executive, is planning to invest $800m on solar-powered telephone towers across Africa.
- UK Government’s Sale of Green Investment Bank Completed August 22, 2017 UK – British Climate Change and Industry Minister, Claire Perry, recently confirmed that the sale of the Green Investment Bank (GIB) to Macquarie Group Limited has now been completed.
The £2.3 billion deal ensures that all the taxpayer funding invested in GIB since its creation, including set-up costs, has been returned with a gain of approximately ...
- Poland Takes Lead in Fight Against Smog August 21, 2017 In its third year running, Smogathon is an initiative founded by Polish entrepreneur Maciej Rys with the aim of fighting pollution through technology and it is fast making Poland a world leader in the fight against smog
- Jordan Shifting Towards a Green Economy August 13, 2017 In a wide-ranging interview with Inter Press Service (IPS), the Director-General of the Global Green Growth Institute (GGGI) Dr Frank Rijsberman reiterated that Jordan is currently showing a solid commitment towards shifting to a green economy, and has achieved important milestones in implementing renewable energy solutions.
- Chinese Kubuqi Model for Desertification Control Gets International Recognition August 1, 2017 The sixth Kubuqi International Desert Forum (KIDF), held from July 29 to July 30 in the Kubuqi Desert in Ordos, Inner Mongolia had participants from other countries witnessing the successful practices of Kubuqi’s desertification control and forum offered them better understanding of the Kubuqi Model.