Skip to content
- Tesla Unveils Affordable Model 3 Electric Car July 29, 2017 Electric car maker Tesla has unveiled its most affordable electric-car to date – the Model 3 sedan.
- Paris Agreement and Africa: Unlocking Opportunities to Scale out Clean Energy July 21, 2017 68% of countries in Africa have ratified the Paris Agreement and deposited their Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) with the UNFCCC. Up to 60% of these NDCs are land based, focusing on Ecosystem based Adaptation-Driven Agriculture and on Clean Energy, focusing on harnessing the continents clean energy potential.
- US Offshore Wind Power Generation to Grow Exponentially July 19, 2017 Westwood Global Energy Group (WGEG) has released a report forecasting an exponential growth in offshore wind power generation in the United States over the next decade.
- Man Turns Smog to Diamonds and Makes Algae Street-Lights July 8, 2017 Daan Roosegaarde, a Dutch artist and innovator has made a device that turns smog to diamonds. The device, part of his Smog-Free Project, is a tower that sucks up polluted air, cleans it and releases it back into parks and playgrounds. The captured smog is converted to diamonds.
- Gabon Gets Funds to Reduce Emissions by 50% July 3, 2017 The Government of Gabon and the Central African Forest Initiative (CAFI) signed a Letter of Intent for 18 million US dollars to protect the country’s forests and accelerate the fight against climate change.