South Africa – Faithful to Nature, an online health shop selling ethical, eco-friendly food, health, and beauty and home supplies is planning to honour green brands across south Africa by introducing the Faithful to Nature Eco Awards.
The inaugural Eco Awards will take the recognition and appreciation of green brands beyond the love shown for them by consumers who purchase their products and services. The accolades will also recognise those which take the eco ethos into a working space and influence individuals to act consciously in their consumption decisions.
Faithful to Nature is inviting consumers to nominate their favourite green brands across six categories: Best Eco Product Innovation; Eco-Conscious Hospitality; Active Eco Warrior; Best Plastic-Free Brand; Best Grassroots Eco Initiative/Group and Best Vegan Product.
A selection process will see five finalists named for each category, with voting for the winner done by a select panel of knowledgeable judges. Consumers who submit nominations stand a chance to win R10 000 in cash, and the winners of the Faithful to Nature Eco Awards claim not only bragging rights to being the eco pioneers in their fields, but also a combined R100 000 worth of exposure to Faithful to Nature’s engaged online eco audience. The winning green brands will be announced at a Gala Evening later this year.
Faithful to Nature founder and owner, Robyn Smith, feels that the introduction of the Eco Awards is long-overdue.
“We have a strong group of brands in the country who are working hard to help consumers make more environmentally-conscious decisions about the products they use every day – something heartily deserving of recognition,” she says. “People are realising the increasing impact of their consumption decisions on the planet – the ‘no straw’ movement is a great example – and we want to support the brands who are helping us be more mindful about protecting the environment,” says Robyn.
Consumers have until 21 September 2018 to nominate their favourite green brand.
More From Southern Africa
- Blood Lions and Coffee Shack Backpackers Scoop Top Awards at ARTA 2017
- 2017 African Responsible Tourism Awards Finalists Named
- Global Giant Exosun Partners with South Africa’s Lesedi
- Is Wastewater the New Black Gold?
- BELGOTEX Awarded South Africa’s First Custom Industrial Green Star Rating
- Investments in Green Buildings Encouraged for the Philippines
- India Raises $400m Green Bond to Fund Renewables Drive
- Emira Property Fund Commits to Greening Property Portfolio
- IRENA Expands Virtual Matchmaking Platform for Sustainable Energy Financing
- Vinci Contracted to Install 17 MW of Solar in Senegal