China - Hanergy Mobile Energy Holdings Group, the world’s largest thin-film power solution company recently announced that its subsidiary, Hanergy Glory Solar Technology has successfully delivered the latest solar powered electric cars to China’s top delivery companies.
The electric cars, designed to run without charging and aptly called express delivery cars were delivered to China’s biggest delivery companies, STO Express and ZJS Express on October 9, on the occasion of 49th World Post Day.
Hanergy's thin-film solar technology has previously also been applied by Hanergy Glory to a number of Chinese delivery companies including SF Express and JD Logistics’ express delivery cars.
The latest cars, called Solar Runner #1, are installed with 320W of the world’s most-efficient flexible and light-weight thin-film solar modules. They are also equipped with low-temperature resistant lithium battery compatible with thin-film solar.
The express delivery industry in China predominantly uses electric cars and Solar Runner #1 cars have been designed to increase the efficiency of delivery companies by saving the cost and trouble of centralized charging as their batteries can be charged by solar even in cold weather.
Hanergy’s light-weight thin film solar modules help to extend the mileage of the solar express delivery cars by 50% compared to other electric cars. The Solar Runner #1, with a range of 100km, is also supplemented with a solar powered battery replacement service which ensures a 100% green and economical “Charge Never” solution for delivery companies.
"We’re on a mission to improve China's express delivery industry by bringing to an effective use our advanced thin film power technology. We’re committed to design innovative solar express delivery car solution that is cordless charging via solar power. We hope our contribution is directed towards creating a true green express delivery industry,” Lu Tao, CEO of Hanergy Glory Solar Technology said. “In the future, we hope to bring more mobile energy solutions to various industries.”
The express delivery electric cars which were assembled by Hanergy in partnership with Hebei Nachi New Energy Automotive Technology have very efficient batteries which allow the cars to easily operate without charging for three consecutive weeks or even longer depending on level of sunshine and length of daily working hours.
More From Rest of World
- India Raises $400m Green Bond to Fund Renewables Drive
- IRENA Expands Virtual Matchmaking Platform for Sustainable Energy Financing
- UN Climate Change Conference 2017 Aims for Further, Faster Ambition Together
- Climate Investors Look Beyond Renewables as Bonn Gets Down to Business
- Tesla’s Solar Installation Restores Power to Children’s Hospital in Puerto Rico
- Enabel Hosts Conference on Climate Change in African Cities
- Dubai Police Add Chevrolet Bolt EV to Fleet
- Hotel Verde Cape Town, Exceeds 95% Waste Management Target
- 110MW PERDEKRAAL EAST WIND FARM CONSTRUCTION BEGINS
- Canadian Solar, ET Energy to Build 132 MW Solar Power Projects in South Africa