Skip to content
- Vinci Contracted to Install 17 MW of Solar in Senegal November 21, 2017 Vinci Energies, a French energy project developer, has been contracted to build eight photovoltaic power plants with a combined capacity of 17 MW in Senegal.
- African Development Bank Partners Green Climate Fund to unlock Africa’s Renewables Potential November 11, 2017 If the fight against climate change is not won in Africa, it cannot be won anywhere else. This was pointed out by Akinwumi Adesina, President of the African Development Bank (AfDB) while signing a partnership agreement with the Green Climate Fund.
- Nigeria Enhances Rural Electrification Through Solar November 3, 2017 In Nigeria, Sokoto State government declared that it has started the process of connecting a number of rural households to solar power in order to deepen energy usage and enhance rural electrification in the region.
- Germany Commits €100 Million for Renewable Energy Expansion in Ghana October 19, 2017 Germany has committed €100 million to Ghana under a Memorandum of Understanding to expand renewable energy in Ghana.
- Solar Power Incubator Program for Africa Launched September 14, 2017 Dubai based Phanes Group, an integrated end-to-end solar provider, has launched its first solar power incubator program, aimed at identifying solar PV projects with potential in sub-Saharan Africa by providing access to funding, and commercial and technical knowledge.