Skip to content
- AfDB approves USD 24.7 million for Water and Sanitation Development in South Sudan June 27, 2019 The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank (www.AfDB.org) on June 20, 2019, approved a proposal to commit $24.7 million to finance the South Sudan Strategic Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project.
- Japan, Austria to support private sector climate change investments in Africa June 6, 2019 The governments of Japan and Austria have approved a $1 million fund to strengthen the participation of the private sector in combating climate change in Africa.
- World Bank in off-grid solar funding for West Africa and Sahel region April 24, 2019 The Board of the World Bank Group recently approved a total of US$224.7 million to help fund the expansion of off-grid access to electricity for populations in 19 countries in West Africa and the Sahel region.
- GCF Approves US$110 Million of AfDB Green Projects December 13, 2018 The Board of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) recently approved funding for three proposals from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The projects all together worth over US$110 million were approved at the GCF’s 21st Board Meeting held in October 2018 in Manama, Bahrain.
- Senegalese Solar Project Wins Phanes Group’s Solar Incubator November 16, 2018 The Dubai based Phanes Group, an international solar provider, has announced Senegalese Mbaye Hadj and his 30MW Gossas Solar Farm project as the winner of the second edition of their Solar Incubator programme.