Skip to content
- World Bank in off-grid solar funding for West Africa and Sahel region April 24, 2019 The Board of the World Bank Group recently approved a total of US$224.7 million to help fund the expansion of off-grid access to electricity for populations in 19 countries in West Africa and the Sahel region.
- GCF Approves US$110 Million of AfDB Green Projects December 13, 2018 The Board of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) recently approved funding for three proposals from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The projects all together worth over US$110 million were approved at the GCF’s 21st Board Meeting held in October 2018 in Manama, Bahrain.
- Senegalese Solar Project Wins Phanes Group’s Solar Incubator November 16, 2018 The Dubai based Phanes Group, an international solar provider, has announced Senegalese Mbaye Hadj and his 30MW Gossas Solar Farm project as the winner of the second edition of their Solar Incubator programme.
- BBOXX, EDF and BEAM to Boost Clean Energy Access in Togo October 29, 2018 BEAM, an investment platform created by the Togolese private equity firm, Bamboo Capital Partners (‘Bamboo’), recently went into a partnership with BBOXX and EDF to bring greater clean energy access in Togo.
- French Development Agency Issues Tender for Benin’s First Solar Park February 5, 2018 The French Development Agency (AFD) has issued an expression of interest for the construction of a 25 MW solar power project in Benin.