- Konexa wins AfDB “African Utility of the Future” Competition 15/11/2020
Konexa was named the winner of the AfDB “African Utility of the Future” Competition during the final panel of the recent Africa Energy Forum online on 13th November 2020, receiving a prize of USD $5,000. The competition was meant to inspire team-building and innovative ideas to transform current utilities into Advanced, Futuristic, SMART, Sustainable, and ...
- AfDB approves USD 24.7 million for Water and Sanitation Development in South Sudan 27/06/2019
The Board of Directors of the African Development Bank (www.AfDB.org) on June 20, 2019, approved a proposal to commit $24.7 million to finance the South Sudan Strategic Water Supply and Sanitation Improvement Project.
- Japan, Austria to support private sector climate change investments in Africa 06/06/2019
The governments of Japan and Austria have approved a $1 million fund to strengthen the participation of the private sector in combating climate change in Africa.
- World Bank in off-grid solar funding for West Africa and Sahel region 24/04/2019
The Board of the World Bank Group recently approved a total of US$224.7 million to help fund the expansion of off-grid access to electricity for populations in 19 countries in West Africa and the Sahel region.
- GCF Approves US$110 Million of AfDB Green Projects 13/12/2018
The Board of the Green Climate Fund (GCF) recently approved funding for three proposals from the African Development Bank (AfDB). The projects all together worth over US$110 million were approved at the GCF’s 21st Board Meeting held in October 2018 in Manama, Bahrain.