Skip to content
- Solar Power Incubator Program for Africa Launched September 14, 2017 Dubai based Phanes Group, an integrated end-to-end solar provider, has launched its first solar power incubator program, aimed at identifying solar PV projects with potential in sub-Saharan Africa by providing access to funding, and commercial and technical knowledge.
- Dangote Group in 100MW Solar Power Plant MoU with Kano Government August 13, 2017 The Dangote Group together with its strategic partner Black Rhino Group recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kano State Government for the proposed 100MW Dangote-Black Rhino Solar Power Plant.
- West African Countries Advocate for Clean Energy Powered Mini-Grids May 7, 2017 An energy workshop held in Abidjan concluded with a resolution that clean energy-powered mini-grids (CMEGs) are an important instrument for achieving universal access to electricity.
- Ancient Green Building Technique Taking Hold in West Africa April 19, 2017 In semi-arid regions of West Africa, circumstance has created a housing crisis, and for many rural families, money is in short supply. The Nubian Vault Association is now helping people to build homes using an ancient green technique that uses mud bricks.
- African Development Bank and Forest Investment Program Avail Loan for Ghana’s Reforestation March 26, 2017 The African Development Bank (AfDB) and Climate Investment Funds’ Forest Investment Program (CIF FIP), have signed a US $24-million loan agreement with Form Ghana Ltd