Skip to content
- Nigeria Enhances Rural Electrification Through Solar November 3, 2017 In Nigeria, Sokoto State government declared that it has started the process of connecting a number of rural households to solar power in order to deepen energy usage and enhance rural electrification in the region.
- Germany Commits €100 Million for Renewable Energy Expansion in Ghana October 19, 2017 Germany has committed €100 million to Ghana under a Memorandum of Understanding to expand renewable energy in Ghana.
- Solar Power Incubator Program for Africa Launched September 14, 2017 Dubai based Phanes Group, an integrated end-to-end solar provider, has launched its first solar power incubator program, aimed at identifying solar PV projects with potential in sub-Saharan Africa by providing access to funding, and commercial and technical knowledge.
- Dangote Group in 100MW Solar Power Plant MoU with Kano Government August 13, 2017 The Dangote Group together with its strategic partner Black Rhino Group recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the Kano State Government for the proposed 100MW Dangote-Black Rhino Solar Power Plant.
- West African Countries Advocate for Clean Energy Powered Mini-Grids May 7, 2017 An energy workshop held in Abidjan concluded with a resolution that clean energy-powered mini-grids (CMEGs) are an important instrument for achieving universal access to electricity.