- 110MW PERDEKRAAL EAST WIND FARM CONSTRUCTION BEGINS 19/09/2018
Perdekraal East Wind Farm is preparing the way to begin major construction activities on the largest BW4 wind farm in the Western Cape Province of South Africa.
- Canadian Solar, ET Energy to Build 132 MW Solar Power Projects in South Africa 13/09/2018
Canadian Solar Inc. one of the world’s largest solar power companies recently announced the established of a joint venture with ET Energy, a global clean energy developer and operator. The joint venture will see the two companies provide Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) services for two solar power projects totalling 132 MW in South Africa ...
- Africa Financial Alliance for Climate Change Proposed 03/06/2018
Scientific evidence shows that African economies are already reeling from the devastating effects of climate change, further exacerbating their development challenges. Also, seven out of the ten countries most threatened by climate change are in Africa.
- Algeria to Resuscitate Large-Scale Solar Plans 10/05/2018
The Algerian government is looking at resuscitating its large-scale solar plans by restarting the 4 GW solar tender which was first announced in March 2017. This was recently revealed by Mouloud Bakli who is the president of Algerian solar energy association, Club Energia, and managing director of Tell Group.
- ChiNT Electric Rescues Zimbabwe Solar Project 23/04/2018
Leading Chinese industrial electrical equipment manufacturer and clean energy supplier Chint Electric has committed US$52 million as guarantee for a 100 MW solar project ear marked for Zimbabwe’s Matebeleland South province to the south west of the country.